The News & Events application allows you to create a basic list of news articles or events. You can either manage entries manually or have them pulled from a RSS feed. Just go to Control Panel > Applications and add the News & Events Application to your account. Once you've done this, the application will appear in the Add Content menu. The News & Events element is added to a page in the same manner as any other content element. Simply select the News & Events from the Add Content menu and click on a green area of the page to apply the element wherever you want it to appear.
The Options tab allows you to select whether your News source will come from an RSS Feed, or if you will create Manual Entries.
Once you select the Data Source, you can set the Display Preferences.
- Show the First: Set a number of entries to be displayed.
- Truncate Description After: Set a number of characters to limit the description.
- Sort by Date: most recent on top, or oldest on top
- Optional Elements:
- Calendar icon in front of entry title
- Text date after entry title
- "Show more..." link
5. Group Same Date Entries:
Same date entries will be grouped under a common icon
6. Make Entry Title a Link: Clicking on entry title will open the link
From the Entries tab, you can add as many News Postings as you would like. Click the Add New Entry button to add additional postings. You can modify the Date, Title, Description, and Link for each posting. If you need to disable one of the postings on the Entries list, deselect the Active box for that Entry.