Using the Text and Image editor, you can easily create links from some text or image on your page to another page on your website (internal link) or to an external website (external link). You can also create a link to a specific spot in the text within a page with longer copy on your site (anchor link).
1. To create a link, open the Text and Image editor and select the text piece or image you want to link.
2. Select the page from your site you want to link to from the Link dropdown.
To create an external link to another website, click in the empty field and type or past the external website address in the box. Click the link in the drop-down or use the green Arrow to set the external link.
You can Paste a URL you have already copied using the keyboard shortcut for Paste: Click your mouse in the Link field, and then press 'Ctrl' + 'V' (For Mac users 'Apple' + 'V').
By default, all internal links open in the current browser window, while all external links open in a new tab or window. With the Advanced Options enabled, you can change this behavior any way you want and have full control over where you want your links to open.
- Same Window
- New Window
You may also set an external link to an email address
. When the email link (email@example.com
) is clicked, a new email (To: this address) will be opened in the computers default email program.
Anchor links are especially useful if you want to link to a particular spot (sentence, paragraph, image) in a rather long page.
First you need to insert an anchor at the spot that will be the destination for the link.
- Open the Text and Image editor and position the cursor at the desired place within the text. Press the Insert Anchorbutton . A small Anchor icon will appear at that spot in the text.
- To edit the anchor name - click on the Anchor icon . The Anchor toolbar will open to the right. Write the new name in the Name field.
- Click Update. The page will reload and the newly added anchor will be saved.
You can link to Anchors from text and images, navigation menus, and gallery images. To create a text link to an Anchor:
*NOTE: Newly created anchors must be saved before they can be selected.First you need to insert an anchor at the spot that will be the destination for the link.
- Select the word you want to make a link as shown above in step 1.
- Select the page from your site where the anchor was created and you will see an anchor icon. Click the icon to see a list of anchors on the page.*
- Click the appropriate anchor.
- Press to submit the changes to the page.